- Why Study in Australia?
- Our Partner Universities/Colleges
- Checklist of Documents Required for Visa
- Living Cost in Australia
More than 450,000 international students were enrolled in Australian institutions in 2007. Students come from around the world to learn in Australia’s dynamic, exciting study environment.
Students come to Australia for many reasons including:
- the excellent education system
- the range of courses from school to postgraduate degrees
- the many types of specialist institutions
- the worldwide acceptance of Australian qualifications
- the innovative teaching and learning
- the quality of scientific research
- the support for international students
- the safe environment
- the multicultural society.
An Australian qualification will develop you personally and professionally. It is your passport to a well-paid career and a secure future.
Successful graduates from Australian institutions are working globally at the highest levels in government and business. You’d be surprised by the Australian alumni in your own country.
Imagine Education Australia
In order for us to submit your application, we require OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED COPIES of documents. Your Study in Australia counselor will tell you EXACTLY which documents YOU must submit. They MAY include:-
- Completed application form
- The ID page(s) of your passport showing your personal details and passport number
- Academic record(s) for at least the most recent 2-3 years of study - i.e. list of subjects and results for entire course(s)
- Award certificate for the above course(s) - i.e. the piece of paper you hang on the wall to show you have completed the course
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency - IELTS score (The need for IELTS score depends on your study history, study plans and the passport you hold)
- Work Experience - References from employers (full-time positions) These should be on company letterhead, and show the period you were employed, position, responsibilities, and how well you performed.
- A detailed C.V. or resume showing your contact details, study, work etc. This is required if you are seeking entry to college or university. If you do not know how to write a resume, our counselors can send you a sample format
- A Bank Draft for the application fee, made out to the institution where you wish to study (our counselors will tell you if, or, how much you need to pay)
- Any other documents which support you study application
Migration regulations in Australia require international students to show evidence that they can contribute to the cost of living and studying in Australia. This helps to ensure students are better able to make the most of their studies and have a safe and enjoyable experience in Australia.
While international students are able to supplement their income with money earned through part-time work in Australia, the ‘living costs’ requirement helps to support the success of students in their studies by ensuring that they don’t have to rely on such work to meet all their expenses.
From 1 January 2010, the basic rate of living costs under the Migration regulations increased. Under these regulations prospective student visa applicants and their family members must have access to the following funds to meet the living costs requirements:
- A$18,000 a year for the main student;
- A$6,300 a year for the student’s partner;
- A$3,600 a year for the student’s first child;
- A$2,700 a year for every other child and where required.
Students must demonstrate that the funds they are relying upon to meet the costs of studying in Australia will be genuinely available to them during their stay in Australia.
The figures above are indicative only and that costs can vary significantly depending on where you live in Australia. You should be prepared in case your living costs are greater than the indicated figures.